Posted on 20 June 2009.
On June 21 skateboarders around the globe will celebrate the pure exhilaration, creativity, and spirit of one of the most infuential activities in the world by blowing off all other obligations to go skateboarding. OK, most skateboarders do this every day of their lives, but this is just one more reason to blow off your television/computer/video games and go skateboarding!
Skateboarders everywhere will show their love and support for skateboarding by holding fundraisers, contests, protests nad demos. They’ll skate across cities, gather in skateparks, stream into their local skate shop and some will even revel in the solitary act of skateboarding alone at their favorite spot, all bringing together the skateboarding community in the grind heard around the world.
Go Skateboarding Day is held on June 21 every year, is the official holiday of skateboarding. The holiday began June 21, 2003 as an excuse for skateboarders to make skateboarding their top priority. Go Skateboarding Day began with a few simple skate sessions and bar-b-ques held in skateboarding’s unofficial capital, southern California.
Below are 10 fliers containing information about the more popular Go Skateboarding Day events around the country.
1) Paul Rodriguez and the Nike Skateboarding team invites you to come skate with them at the Ritchie Valens Recreation Center in Pacoima, Ca. There will be an autograph session and cool Nike giveaways.
2) Dwindle Skateboard Distribution will be celebrating Go Skateboarding Day at the Venice Beach Skatepark. There will be pro autograph signings.
3) Etnies Shoes will be at the Penn Valley Skatepark putting on a skate jam as well as a best trick contest that will send the winner home with $2500
4) Alphanumeric & Vox Shoes will be at Memorial Skatepark in San Diego doing some giveaways and handing out prizes.
5) Vans Shoes will be doing a Southern California skatepark tour which will include 6 skateparks from Camarillo to Oceanside.
6) Dennis Busenitz will be doing a indoor autograph session / shoe launch at Utility Boardshop in Upland and then everybody will head over to the Upland Skatepark for a jam session.
7) DVS Shoes will be at the Potrero Del Sol Skatepark in San Francisco, California with the following team riders for a jam session. Jeron Wilson, Chico Brenes, Robbie Russo, Torey Pudwill, Kenny Hoyle, Jimmy Cao and Lamare Hemmings.
8) Element Skateboards will be putting on a Flat Bar B-Que at the Milani Skatepark in Hawaii.
9) Willy’s Workshop in San Diego will be putting on event at Breen Park in Mira Mesa with a free BBQ and giveaways.
10) Cowtown Skateshop will be holding a Recession Session. There will be a High Ollie Contest and a Vintage Jump Ramp Jam offering winners a chance to win a bunch of product from our sponsors, Emerica, Transworld, Girl & Fourstar!